Managing your credit card
You have applied for your Virgin Money Credit Card and your application has been approved. You can now let your hair down and start planning for your trip to the Karoo or for that holiday to Monaco you have been dreaming about for the past few years.
Your credit card statements are invaluable in keeping you in the loop about your account. It contains:
- Payment due date: the date by which we need to receive your payment. It's advisable to make the payment a few days before the due date
- List of transactions: money spent, cash withdrawals and payments made. This information will be displayed per card linked to your Virgin Money Credit Card
- Interest charges and fees: these are charges based on your card activity for the statement period
- Outstanding balance: the money you have spent from your available credit limit
- Minimum monthly payment due: the least amount of money you need to pay by payment due date
- We advise you to go through your statement diligently every month. For queries on transactions or more information on your statement, please call us on 0861 822 273
When we approve your card, we grant you a credit limit based on your credit score. This score is based on a number of factors that allow us to determine how much credit you can afford.
It’s important that you stick to this limit. Your score is reviewed regularly and may cause your credit limit to increase or decrease. These are the limits to keep in mind:
- There is a default daily ATM withdrawal limit. You can increase this limit by calling our contact centre.
- There is also a default daily internet transfer limit which you may increase by calling our contact centre or by emailing your request to email@example.com
- For any internet purchases the merchant may request authorisation.
- If you have questions regarding your credit limit call us on 0861 822 273.
Using your card online
It's a pleasure to shop online, that much we know. But online shopping comes with its own risks and that’s why we have partnered with an innovative security system to make you shop with peace of mind. 3D Secure Technology protects you and the merchant by verifying your personal details before you purchase anything online.
How it works:
- Merchants are required to install a software module called Merchant Plug-in (MPI) in their servers.
- MPI authenticates your personal details using a password and/or identity information during the online transaction.
- All your personal details are entered on a secure and confidential screen, ensuring your safety against unauthorised use of your card information.
- 3D Secure protects your card by using your personal password as authentication.
- The security system provides an additional level of protection when shopping online.
- Works on any PC, with no additional software required.
- Once activated, nobody else can use your card at participating retailers in an online environment.
- For more information on 3D Secure, call us on + 27 (0) 11 354 4058.
Lost, Stolen & Expired Cards
Have you have lost your credit card through theft or otherwise? Don't panic. We are available 7 days a week on 0861 822 273.
- If you are overseas and have lost your credit card, call us on +27 (0) 11 501 5050.
- You can also contact MasterCard™ in the country you are visiting.
- Wherever you are, you will be assisted in English.
- A replacement card will be issued to you within 72 hours.
- Always check the expiry date on the front of the card. If it has expired and we haven't sent you a replacement, please contact us on 0861 822 273. Make sure you cut up the expired card.
Please be advised that Virgin Money will not request our clients to confirm the following information telephonically:
- Credit card expiry date
- 3-digit number on the back of the card
- Secure code/OTP number
- Your PIN
You will only be required to use your PIN or OTP number when transacting.
In the event that you are contacted by Virgin Money:
- We will have your card number and you only need to confirm a few digits
If you receive a secure code/OTP and you are not transacting at all, please call our client fraud hotline on 0860 557 557 or +27 (0) 11 501 5089.