About Virgin Money Credit Card
You can easily apply online or you can call us on 0861 822 273 to find out how you can get one for yourself.
- No monthly or annual service fees
- No card swiping charges
- Face-to-face delivery
- Up to 55 days interest
- Credit interest of 2.00% per annum
- Lost Card Insurance
- Basic Travel Insurance with the option of Additional Top Up Cover
- Choose a credit card design that best suits your personality
- Choose up to three additional cards linked to your main account
- Opt for a Car Card™ as a value add
- A personalised limit based on your credit score
- 3D Secure protection when you use your card for online shopping
- Exclusive access to Virgin Money Rewards
Getting a Virgin Money Credit Card could never be easier. To apply you need to:
- Be 18 years and older
- Earn a monthly personal income of R5 000 or more a month
- Be a South African resident with a bar-coded ID book or ID card
- Have a South African bank savings or cheque account
The benefits of our pricing structure speaks for itself: We don't charge annual card fees, monthly service fees, internet banking fees or swiping fees at any point-of-sale. We also have a very simple structure for withdrawals, enquiries, deposits and replacement fees.
As long as you pay your full outstanding balance by the due date shown on your statement you won't pay a cent interest on your swiped purchases. This means you could have up to 55 days interest free* on your swiped purchases. After this you will be charged the rate that applies at the time.
*The interest free period does not apply to Car Card™ transactions, balance transfers, cash withdrawals or casino transactions, as interest is charged from the date of the transaction until the date your related payment is received.
Keep a positive balance on your account and reap the rewards. You get 2.00% interest per annum from the moment you deposit money into your account.
We charge a variable rate linked to the repo rate. This means when interest rates are low, you will continue to benefit from the low rate. Also keep in mind that different rules apply, depending on when you were contracted and repo changes.
The following interest rates are applicable from 9 April 2018.
Account opened after 5 May 2016:
- Debit balances: 20.50%
Account opened after 1 June 2007 - 5 May 2016 (National Credit Act)
- Debit balances: 15.00% - 19.00%
Account opened before 1 June 2007 (Usury Act)
- Average debit balance of R10 000 or more: 16%
- Average debit balance less than R10 000: 19%
We have your best interest at heart that is why we don't burn any holes in your pockets with exorbitant card fees. We pride ourselves for excelling in providing the best service and deals that always leave you as the winner in the end.
We have a simple, flat fee structure. As an exclusive Virgin Money Credit Card holder you get the following pricing benefits:
- Secondary cards are free of charge
- Once-off initiation fee: R166.45
- ATM enquiries and mini statements: R7.57
- ATM withdrawals (local): R24.21
- ATM cash deposits: R35.31
- Cheque and cash deposits at any Absa branch: R60.53
- Cash withdrawals at any Absa branch: R61.54
- Lost card administration fee R166.45 (we may charge a replacement card fee or lost card administration fee at our own discretion)
- Card replacement fee R166.45 (we may charge a replacement card fee or lost card administration fee at our own discretion)
- NotifyMe: R0.55
- Currency conversion fee: 2.75% (of the Rand value of the transaction) applies to any transaction outside of South Africa
- Cashback at point-of-sale: R4.54
The fees above are effective from 1 April 2018.
- ATM or branch fund transfers (at any Absa branch): R7.57
- Bank cheque fee: 2,02 %
- Invalid disputes fee - domestic transactions: R50.44
- Invalid disputes fee - international transactions: R121.05
- Unpaid debit order or cheque fee: Free
- Car Card™ (Garage card) transaction fee: R5.55
- Duplicate statement fee: R5.04 per request; R1.01 per page (maximum R50.44)
- Same-day card delivery: R458.99
- Overseas ATM/counter cash withdrawal: R25.22
- ATM account payment (Absa only): Free
The fees above are effective from 1 April 2018.
- Quit standing in queues to pay your monthly accounts. Automatic recurring payments save you time, are very convenient as your accounts can be paid automatically every month. Simply contact the companies you need to pay and provide them your Virgin Money Credit Card details to ensure that your accounts are paid on time, every month
- Marketing consent is vital to ensure we can contact you regarding exciting new offers and promotions
- Ensure that you receive SMSes relating to deposits, purchases and payments made to your account. This will help you stay in control of your account by alerting you should any fraudulent transaction take place. Sign-up today for NotifyMe SMSes. Low fees apply
- You can also sign-up for an automatic annual credit limit increase to ensure that your card keeps up with your purchasing needs
- Forgot your Card PIN? - No problem, call Virgin Money Credit Card on 0861 822 273 and select option 6 to have your PIN read back to you.